Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Business Matchmaking!

Not going to say sorry today - you know, no time to write and stuff. But something worth talking happened! But first, some words about my situation so you won't get lost in the text.

I'm in the shuukatsu (Job Hunting) now. This is the time where university students are preparing themselves to be freshmen when they graduate. The companies are seeking fresh meat, students are searching for stable and easy fonts of money for the rest of their lives. The competition is strong, the tests and interviews are tricky, and the overall process is very stressing.

To help in this problem, my university decided to make a social gathering between students and company representatives to provide advice and help to us. Great! First, I had to make my business card, which uses the same design as my homepage. With the card hanging in my neck, I entered in the place.

Lots of salarymen wearing suits, and lots of students. Because I study in a technology university, I didn't see more than 1 girl among everybody. Many tables with beer, champagne, sushi and more japanese cuisine.

After the speech, our jobs was, like a normal matchmaking, to find our partners. Instead of girls, however, the targets were the salarymen. They belong to famous companies: energy, telecommunication, software. Interested students just flock from rep to rep, trying to learn more about their companies and maybe trading business cards.

I knew that there were no game companies there, so I just ate something and talked to 3 executives. We talked about the Wii and future of gaming, about my Brazilian lineage, and about travel. The usual stuff.

It was nice, though. Free food is always welcome.

3 Comments:

At 10:09 am, Blogger -= †.†. Frägä =- said...

Adorei seu blog.
Estava procurando um assunto sobre o Japão para fazer meu trabalho de faculdade e o google me direcionou para o seu site.
Muito bom...
Parabéns!!!

 
At 3:40 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reencontrei seu "burogu"! Hahahahaha Procurando os "sarariman" então, é? Interessante esse post. Gostei da coruja do último também (ainda mais agora que quero entrar pra Polícia Federal daqui =P). Com o tempo, vou cavar seu blog e ler outros posts também! Mas a desatualização está grande hein! Abraço!

 
At 12:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gostava entrar para este club preciso conhecer pessoas novas,fazer novas amizades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home