Sunday, August 28, 2005

Midnight thoughts

Yeah, I'm finally back to Nagoya. This week I've been in Tokyo, visiting my brazilian friend Denise. Now its almost 7AM and I just came from the bus travel. I came straight to the pc because I don't want to sleep now, and to think that I have to return to my messy dormitory gives me the creeps.

Of course I have many pictures and moments to share, but not today. No, today is time for reflection. This is because it was an unusual trip, many things happened. Some good, some not so much. In the bus I was just thinking in the things that are happening to me in my japanese life.

Mainly the problems are related to relationships. There are the food problems too, but I'm starting to get used to it, so let's talk about the difficult issues.

I always try to get new friends, to meet people, to find and open more doors. I used to do that in Brazil too, so there is no change here. Sometimes these friendships get spoiled or just vanishes, but here I felt for the first time the 'I don't want to be your friend anymore' thing. Strange, indeed. In this trip, I lost another friend.

This increases my "good friendships lost" counter to 3, which is too much for me. Its useless to detail the reasons, but basically they don't want to be just friends. When they discover my feeling of friendship only, many reasons to fight appears. I'm just tired of this, losing people that I like.

And its not a japanese thing, only one of them is japanese. Maybe the cultural difference makes people expect more then you think is normal, and vice versa. The result is: be more tolerant, because not everything is what it seems.

I'm not sad, though. I made new friends in Tokyo, I learned a lot from everything, and every change is good.

6 Comments:

At 4:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vivaaa Corlen de volta!! :)

> expect more thAn you think is normal
Acho que o certo seria "than" (não "then").

Deu pra descansar bastante em Tóquio? O sotaque lá é diferente de Nagoya? Denise fez bastante comida gostosa? xDD~~

+ comentários por emails, hehehe ^^
Abração!!

 
At 2:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fala Rapaz!

Seguinte, vi o Golden Boy ontem... 1 da manha, ia ver so um ep. antes de dormir, e acabei vendo tudo de uma vez (exceto o 2, que estava corrompido).

Heheh, legal pacas, valeu por ter mandado!

Abracao,
Claus

 
At 1:53 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Human relationships are always one of the most difficult problems even between two Japaneses. Take it easy. I've lost some of my friends, but I always try to think this way. There are so many people in this world (about 6 billion?) and there are the same number of different points of view. Some changes, we changes, and the environment changes. How can a person be friends with all of them then??

 
At 11:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see,
ya shit happens I guess
btw how did you get to Japan, I'm interested in going one day. What program did you use?

 
At 6:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Relacionamento é uma coisa realmente complicada! Mas o jeito é ir lidando com as dificuldades mesmo...
Conta aí como foi a visita a tokyo, sobre a nise tb e tal.
beijos!

 
At 6:19 am, Blogger Denise said...

Sim, conta aih! :P
Soh tu mesmo pra fazer o povo do kaikan se reunir pra jogar cartas.

Em relacao a problemas de amizades, creio que algumas pessoas confundam as coisas pela carencia afetiva de estar no Japao e acabam vendo outras intencoes. E estrangeiros tem culturas diferentes pra certas acoes.

Volte sempre rapaz!
Desculpe os momentos incovenientes e o vazamento no banheiro huahuahua.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home